Thursday, January 4, 2018

Wings

For ever since I can remember, my mom has called me her Angel Baby.  So you can imagine my surprise when during gift opening on Christmas morning, there was a gift labeled "To:  Angel Baby," but it was for my niece.  But, being the mature adult I am, I handed the present o my niece without...pfffft!  HA!  Let's be real.  Of course I threw an overly dramatic fit to tease my mom!

Four days later, I was opening my birthday presents and Sam was sitting on my lap.  Mom gave a sweet smile, and handed me a small box.  I opened it to find an angel ornament on which she had written "My Angel Baby."  Because of course she did, because my mother is the best mother ever to mother.  Sam saw it and wanted to hold it, so he said, "Mama?  Can I hold the....flappy lady?"

Yeah.  I might need to teach this kiddo about angels.

No comments:

Post a Comment