Friday, December 29, 2017

Eggs

Alex still likes to cook, but now he's decided he wants to experiment to find his signature recipe.  Which is great and creative and all, but also a bit wasteful because shockingly he doesn't usually like what he creates.  I know it's hard to believe he wouldn't devour scrambled eggs with cheese and crushed animal crackers, but it's true.

Anywho, yesterday he asked if he could try a new recipe idea.  I gave the green light and told him I would join him in the kitchen right after a work phone call.  Probably should have joined him before the work call.

I came upstairs to find him eating a bowl of cereal.  Obviously that is not a new recipe so I asked what happened.

"Yeah, my eggs were WAY to milky, so I had to throw them out.  Oh, and by the way, we're almost out of milk now."
"...uhhhh, how many eggs and how much milk did you use?"
"Only 2 eggs like you said.  And then I put in 2 cups of milk.  Obviously that was too much."
"Yeah...when I make 2 scrambled eggs, I use about,"
"A cup and a half?"
"No...like a quarter cup."
"Oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh."

No comments:

Post a Comment