Monday, December 4, 2017

Writing and writing and writing

We are back on the writing sentences punishment.  In Travis's words, "that's what broke me when I was his age."  I have to say it seems to have at least an immediate effect.  Hopefully it will turn into a lasting effect.

He was mad at me the other night because he thought I wasn't listening to his side of the argument he and Sam were engaged in.  And when I wouldn't stand there and have him disrespectfully "explain" what happened to me a third time, he turned to go downstairs with a "Fine!  Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwdddddddd." flying out of his mouth.  Before he hit the second step, Travis calmly said, "Nope.  Get your notebook."

10 "I will not groan at my parents." sentences later, he was right as rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment