Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Bunk Mates

Bunk beds happned.  The boys LOVE it.  I mostly hate it. 

The boys are doing great at going to bed without too much screwing around, and the first night just about made my heart burst.  They were all excited and being silly, but then settled in and were quiet for about 2 minutes.  After the noise started up again, I peeked in to see what they were doing.  And that is when I saw Alex with his arm and shoulder jammed through the space under the upper bunk guard rail, reaching down to a little Sam kneeling on his bed stretching his arm up as high as he could so they could hold hands.  Everybody together now:  Awwwwwwww.


But, Alex is on the top bunk.  And it's a twin over full set up.  Which means there's no room for Mama on the top bunk.  So one night Alex and I are doing our nightly reading and snuggling and then next night BAM!  Bunkbeds!  No reading together.  No snuggling.  No solving life's problems with just the soft beam of a night light.  None of it.  I cried more than a bit that first night.

It still stings every night when I give him a hug and a kiss over the guard rail, and I can tell he misses it too which just makes it harder to buck up and move passed it.  I know we'll find a time to quietly be together, but we haven't yet and I am needing it.  On the up side, I am catching up on shows and am spending more time with my husband.  Give and take.

No comments:

Post a Comment