Monday, March 21, 2016

Snacks.

We had to stop for gas yesterday, and the gas station closest to our house shares a parking lot with an Arby's.  Not sure if you know this, but Arby's has really good chocolate shakes.  Ya know who does know that?  Alex.  And he asks for them on the regular.  So, when I pulled into the gas station, the peppering of Arby's requests started immediately.  He was dead set on either onion rings or a chocolate shake.

Now, knowing he loves the shake, I didn't bother with a conversation about that, but I was surprised when onion rings were on the list, so I asked him if he really wanted them.  And he assured me that he likes them a whole lot because didn't I remember when my friend came over and brought Arby's with her and let him try it all and he liked the onion rings?  I do in fact remember that day, and I also distinctly remember Alex not liking anything other than the damn shake.  But who am I to question his steel trap memory.

I finally gave in and said we could get something.  And then the flip-flopping began.  He wants a shake!  No!  Onion rings.  Wait, no!  A shake.  Ummmmm, actually onion rings!  No, a shake.  He finally landed on a shake, and as I was pulling into the drive thru, he changed his mind one last time because he remembered the shake would be really cold and he was already cold because he refused to put on a weather appropriate shirt, nevermind a jacket.  Good good.  Onion rings it is.

So we go through, order the ridiculously expensive onion rings, and wait for them to be made to order.  Since they are made to order, when the lovely Arby's employee handed them to me, they were the temperature of the sun.  So I told him he would have to wait for a bit.  After a while, I gave him one, but told him to bite into it carefully because onion rings tend to hold their heat.  I heard a crunch and then he informed me not only was the ring not cooled off enough, he also didn't like it.  I said I was sorry it wasn't cooled off and asked if he was sure he didn't like it since he was so adament about getting onion rings.

"Yeah.  No, I don't.  I forgot there were onions in them."

No comments:

Post a Comment