Friday, March 18, 2016

Jack Hanna In The Making

Yesterday afternoon, Alex and one of the neighbor kids spent a good 40 minutes digging up worms in our garden and gently placing them on the scoop of Alex's snow shovel.  I watched this going on, and finally my curiosity got the best of me when I saw them working as a team to get the shovel up on top of the fort portion of the swing set.  It was then that I was informed they were collecting worms to feed the birds.  They quickly realized the shovel was not going to stay put on top of the fort and settled for a spot in the backyard to leave the shovelwormbirdfeeder.  On the grass.  Live worms.  Not contained.  Sure, the worms will totally stay there and wait to be eaten.

When Alex got off the bus today, he took off for the backyard instead of coming in through the front door.  I went to the patio door to unlock it so he could come in that way, and asked him what he wadoing.  He looked up, raised both hands in triumph, and shouted, "THEY ATE THE WORMS!"

And no, I did not mention that I'm quite certain the worms just slithered away.  I'm not a complete monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment