Tuesday, March 1, 2016

More Regrets

I have noticed a downside to Alex watching MythBusters and Dirty Jobs.  These are shows hosted by adults, with a target audience comprised of mostly adults...or at least the over 6 age group.  The problem with this is that the language used is not exactly child friendly.  They beep out any really bad words, but there is a fair amount of mildly offensive, definitely not phrases for a 6 year old throughout the episodes.

This was brought to light the other night at bedtime.  Alex tossed a book on his bed and it bounced off the mattress onto the floor.  He responded to that with a hearty, "Oh for God's sake!"  I immediately stopped him in his tracks with an "Excuse me?!?"  He froze, seemingly surprised at the words that just exploded from his mouth, looked at me out of the side of his wide eyes, paused, and then said, "I regret that.  I regret saying that."

How anyone is expected to keep a straight face in that situation is beyond me.

No comments:

Post a Comment