Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Thinkin' It Through

We had grilled chicken sandwiches for dinner last night, and Alex proclaimed it the best thing he has ever tasted in his whole life.  That immediately morphed into a conversation about how healthy chicken is, and how we try to eat healthy food as much as possible.  And then he went too far...

Alex:  Except for you, Mom.  You put a KitKat in my lunch everyday, and that is not healthy.  You need to work on that.
Me:  Oh really?  I need to "work on that?"  Well, alright, if you say so, I will stop giving you a KitKat in your lunch.
Alex (without skipping a beat):  Well, it is a mini KitKat, and that isn't that bad, so maybe you should just put it in there every day but like...3 days...or something.
Me:  Interesting.  What days do you think I should leave it out?
Alex:  Hmmm...I would say probably Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Me:  How 'bout since it's a mini KitKat, I'll just keep putting it in there so you can have a small treat with your lunch at school?
Alex:  Yeah, that sounds good.

No comments:

Post a Comment