Monday, May 18, 2015

Divine Dining

Last night, Alex was being a bit of a turd when it came to listening.  He was hungry, but dinner was going to be done in 10 minutes so I told him he couldn't have a snack.  The denial of snack quickly escalated to him straight up not listening to anything Travis or I was saying.  I lost patience for his pouty shenanigans, and told him to go to his room until dinner was done.

And with that, he employed the newest addition to his Frustrating Child arsenal.  When he's upset about something and decides to act out, he just refuses to do anything.  He just remains where ever he is when the hurt feelings take hold, and he refuses to go anywhere.

When I was upset with his behavior at the neighbors' house and told him we were leaving?  Nope.  He just sat on his bike and refused to go home.  When I scolded him for repeatedly running into the mailbox with his dune racer and a ramp and told him to put the dune racer away and go inside?  No way.  He just sat in his dune racer at the end of the driveway, pouting at me while yell/whining that he wasn't going to do it.  And last night, when I told him to go to his room, he dramatically flopped into a chair in the living room and defiantly told me he wasn't going...

Me:  Go to your room until dinner is done!
Alex:  Nooooooooooooooo!
Me:  Go.  To.  Your.  Room.
Alex:  I'm NOT going!
Me:  If I have to carry you up there, you are staying in your room for the rest of the night and going to bed without dinner.
Alex:  No!  You have to give me dinner!!
Me:  I have to give you dinner??
Alex:  YES!  I have to have dinner!!
Me (being super mature):  Says who?
Alex:  ...God.

No comments:

Post a Comment