Monday, May 18, 2015

Or not.

Both the boys are great eaters.  It's a luxury I know not many parents have, and I absolutely cherish it.  There are some things here and there Alex won't eat, but for the most part, he will try stuff and usually like it.  Sam has yet to refuse a food, so I'm hoping he will follow in Alex's footsteps.

Neither of them have had an allergy or aversion to any food either.  Until Saturday.  Sam had a great dinner that included hummus.  He loves it, and I love that because it's good for you and a super easy adder for a meal.  Saturday was the third time he has eaten it.  The first time, he loved it and ate about half of a single serving container.  The second time, he ate just as much, but right after eating, he had a little red blotch on the corner of his mouth.  I figured I just wiped his mouth too vigorously and thought nothing of it.  And then this happened on Saturday:




















Ummmmm...pretty sure that's not from excessive mouth wiping.

I calm-on-the-outside freaked out, quickly took a picutre, and called my friend that is a nurse practioner completely forgetting that she was out of town.  The call going to voicemail gave me the 30 seconds I needed to settle the hell down enough to think rationally and to listen to Travis who was not overreacting.  Sam was not bothered in the least.  He was still all smiley and talkative, so we just gave him a little water and watched him like hawks.  Within 5 minutes or so, his face started to settle and it was completely cleared up by the 15 minute mark.

So yeah, I'm thinkin' we'll take a little break from hummus.

No comments:

Post a Comment