Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Growing up

Well, it's set.  Alex starts 4K next Tuesday.  I cannot believe he is old enough to go to school.  And real school; not just day care that we occasionally call school.  His excitement has increased exponentially since we found out he will be riding not one, but TWO buses.  The main location, at the one school, is at capacity, so he is going to a satellite location.  So the bus will pick him up from day care with the other kids, stop at the one school where he will get onto a transfer bus and then head over to the location he has been assigned.  Lots of excitement for those not quick enough to get into the main location.

I wanted to tell him right away to ease us into the change.  Well, mostly to ease me into it but whatever.  So I told him I talked to the school and he can start 4K.  He immediately started shouting that he was going to 4K tomorrow.  Ummm...yeah...about that.  I broke it to him that he couldn't start until next Tuesday and he collapsed into a pile of disappointment right there on the kitchen floor and started moaning that he's never going to get to go to school.  I tried to circumvent the melt-down by telling him he only had 5 more day care days before he would start 4K and I was promptly told that each day is going to take at least 16 minutes and that's "like forever."

Between starting school, his dramatic antics, and the fact that his baby belly is suddenly stretched out and missing, this kid is growing up super fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment