Thursday, December 15, 2011

Sweet Dreams

Last night as soon as we walked in the door, I found myself saying, "I cannot wait until 8pm when he goes to bed."  Not that he was being hard to deal with, but just because I wasn't quite over the stomach thing I had and I was tired and I just didn't have it in me to be a good parent.  All I wanted was my couch, my blanket and my eyes closed.

And I immediately felt guilty about that little wish.  Mostly because he was being really funny and sweet last night.  But also because that is a pretty selfish thing to wish for.  How selfish do you have to be to want your kid, who is managing to not piss you off at every turn, to just go to bed and leave you alooooooone.  I did quickly forgive myself for it though.  I am not SuperMom, but I am a pretty darn good mom in my opinion and even pretty darn good moms don't want to be moms all the freaking time.

And then I realized this whole thing was something I wanted to write down.  But I knew I would forget by the time I was sitting in front of my computer the next day.  So I grabbed our fancy new Samsung Galaxy tablet thingy, pulled up the ol' blog, and tried to jot down a few notes.  The following is the outcome:

wantIng hIm to go to bed...not beIng able to waIt untIl 8. feeling

I could not figure out why every time I typed the letter "i" it was capitalizing itself and asked Trav if he had any ideas.  Apparently this tablet thing is set up for "Swype" typing.  It's a fancy touch screen way of typing words and I suck at it so I don't use it.  I learned that when it is set that way and you don't use it, the letter "i" will always be capitalized.  Dumb.  Any way, all of this learning spurred an impromptu debate between Travis and I about using Swype.  And during said debate, Alex was jabbing his chubby little fingers at the screen of the tablet.  By the time I gave up defending my stance of using old school letter by letter typing, Alex had done something that disengaged the virtual keyboard entirely.  And try as I might, both with Swype and without, I could not get another word on my screen.

The whole time I was trying to figure out what my IT mastermind of a child had done, my ears were being beaten with a constant stream of, Whatdoingmamawhatdoingmamawhatdoingmama.  I couldn't help it and answered, Trying to figure out what the heck you did to my computer!

And from then on, I was blessed with a 2&1/2 year old saying, "The heck you doing!"...very excitedly...on repeat.  And it was only 6:45.

No comments:

Post a Comment