Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Presents part Deux

Our second Christmas morning was immediately following the first, but at my parents' house.  With waaay  more people.  15 people to be exact.  3 of which are under the age of 4.  It was a little nutty.  In years past when we didn't have little present maniacs ruling the family, our gift opening was known to take up to three hours.  This year...I think it was about 45 minutes.

About 15 minutes in, Alex was getting a little overwhelmed.  My mom could see him starting to lose it, so she swooped in with the present of all presents.  A vacuum.  I have been waiting for this present for so long.  This kid loooooooves to vacuum.  Almost every day he asks to vacuum at home.  Usually he is cool with just using the regular vacuum which is loud enough, but some days he want to use the shop vac like he used to.  And he wants to use it for an extended period time.  And I am quickly reminded how much I hated it when he wanted to use it every single day and I want to pull my hair out while shoving giant earplugs in my head.  But I digress.

So, he opens the vacuum and immediately turns it on and leaves the room.  He went down the hall and started vacuumming one of the back bedrooms.  He was done with us and our silly presents.  He had work to do.

The other presents topping the list were a Shake and Go Mater and some Cars stickers.  The Mater is constantly zooming around our living room and I got to go to the zoo with a pocket full of Cars stickers on Monday.  Livin' the dream baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment