Friday, December 16, 2011

Made my day

Alex woke up way too early this morning.  I went down to get him and more than happily suggested we lay down on the couch.  He was all about it and fell asleep within a couple minutes.  I snuggled with him for a bit, but eventually I had to get up and get ready for the day.  So, I gently slid my arm out from under him and tucked him in with his blankets.

When it was about time for him to wake up, I continued with my morning routine, but with less of a conscious effort to be moderately quiet.  But he slept on.  So I was surprised to hear him say something after I sneezed in the kitchen.  I couldn't hear what he said and he repeated it, but I still couldn't hear him so I went in the living room to find him with his blankets snuggled up under his chin and him looking up at me, smiling like a goofball.  I leaned over and asked him again what he said.  He snuggled in a little tighter, closed his eyes and said, "I said 'Bless you Mama.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment