Thursday, June 17, 2010

Mini Him

When Alex was born his resemblance to me was insane-o. Looking through my baby album was like watching him grow up...but in the late 70's...and in girl clothes, when my mom was actually able to wrestle me into clothes. It really was almost creepy. He looked exactly like me. The only thing that was Travis was his eyes. Oh my does he have Travis's eyes. Ice blue with a thin dark blue edge around the iris. I dare you to try to not fall in love with those eyes.

Alas, things they are a-changin'.

Now every single time I take Alex somewhere and we run into someone we know, within the first two minutes they say, without fail, "Wow! You look like your dad!" And I have to admit, aside from those eyes...I don't see it. Most the time. This morning, I totally saw it.

After snuggling on the couch for a whopping 4oz bottle, Alex was off and cruising around the living room. His cruising landed him right next to the weed whacker charger thingy. The little LED lights were apparently too much to resist. Anywho, as he reached his chubby little hand for the charger, I said, "Hey...whadda you think you're doin'?" And with his arm still extended toward the charger, he turned and looked at me with a giant smile, a twinkle in his naughty little eye I swear you could see from Mars, all topped off with a look like "Me? Am I doing something wrong?"

And at that exact moment it hit me..."Wow, you look like your father."

No comments:

Post a Comment