Thursday, June 10, 2010

Drum away kiddo!

I never thought I would say this, but Thank Everything Sweet and Glorious in the World for drum sets.

Mornings have been a bit of a challenge this week. A patience, arm strength and balancing act challenge. Alex has decided every morning this week that he wants to be held. For the entire morning. Which, you know, isn't a problem..except for the little thing called getting ready for work. And the fact that I cannot physically hold him in one arm for that amount of time. And the fact that it is really difficult to put cream cheese on a bagel with one hand while trying to hold and deflect a baby away from said cream cheese and bagel.

When we were in California, my lovely mom bought Alex a little drum. A drum that opens up to store the drumsticks, maracas, jingle bell loop thingy, tambourine and some clappy hand thing thankfully Alex hasn't figured out yet. I had this little gem out on the porch for a while. And I remembered it this morning. And Alex hadn't seen it for a while.

Thank you drum set makers and thank you Grandma for being naughty and bestowing this apparatus upon our house. It gave me close to 15 minutes of not baby holding time to get ready. It was fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment