Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Good news, bad news

The good news is that Alex will sleep through three hours of some of the loudest thunder we have had yet this year. Not even a peep out of him.

The bad news is that the dog still hates thunderstorms...and she still hates going through them alone...for all three hours. The storm took a little break from 4am to 5am, so the dog did too. But then at 5am the thunder came back and so did the dog. At about 5:14, I sat up, had a tired frustrated wrestling match with my pillow for 20 seconds, and yelled "Just leave me ALONE!" at the dog. Which she did. For about 3-1/2 minutes. And then it was back to, "Hey...psssst...hey Mom...Did you hear that? Did you hear that thunder? It was really loud. Are you sleeping? Mom. Mom. Mom. Thunder makes me nervous. Are you awake yet?"

I gotta be honest, no amount of cute makes that tolerable. Refill on my coffee please!

No comments:

Post a Comment