Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sneaky little sucker

As has been previously noted, Alex does not hold his bottle when he eats. He lays there, either grabbing everything within reach, or with his arms splayed out to each side. Either way, there has been no attempt at holding his own bottle. He is perfectly happy with his slaves feeding him thank you very much. So I have foolishly assumed this whole time that he wasn't aware that he could hold his bottle and feed himself. I assumed he just hadn't figured it out yet. I also assumed that I had cause this little delay in development because when he was very small I used to hold his arms down in an attempt to actually keep the bottle in his mouth. Oh, dear sweet silly mommy.

Last night, as I was rocking him and feeding him his bedtime bottle, he reached up and pushed the bottle out of his mouth so he could tell me a story. A very long, animated and funny story. Lots of eyebrow action. At the end of this story, he stares straight at his bottle, reaches up with both hands and a devilish grin, and pulls the bottle perfectly in his mouth. And then, just to really show me how much he has tricked me this whole time, he repeatedly took the bottle out of his mouth, giggled, and then put it back in.

But of course, as soon as the novelty of showing me that little trick wore off, he was right back to King of the Rocking Chair. Feed me woman. And make it snappy.

No comments:

Post a Comment