Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Sad baby

Drop off at daycare today was not fun. Alex was sleepy. And really really didn't want to go to anyone. One of the teachers tried to sit down and rock him. No way Jose. Not an option. I didn't have to leave immediately, and he was hanging on my pant leg, so I scooped him up. Immediate snuggles. Alas, I did have to leave at some point, so I handed him back to the teacher. Scaaaaareeeeeaming. He grabbed my hand and was crying and trying to pull himself to me, or me to him. He was hanging on for dear life. Like I had to use my other hand to free my fingers from his Ninja Baby Death Grip. And there was more screaming...and tears...from him, not me this time! I realized I just needed to go. Staying wasn't going to do any good for either of us.

The door is about 2.7 feet outside the baby room. That is the amount of distance it took for him to completely forget about me and stop crying. Obviously he was traumatized.

No comments:

Post a Comment