Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Californ-i-a!

We are going to California tomorrow to visit some friends. I cannot wait. We are going to be gone for 5 whole days. 5 days of no diapers, no formula, no bottle washing, no annoying talking steering wheel toy. I swear if I have to hear that thing say, "Beep! Beep! Out of the way!" one more time, it is going to be eternally out of my way. Do you think I need a little break?

Anyway, my mom and sister are awesome and are tag-team taking care of the beast. I am feeling like I am asking waaaaay too much for them to take care of him for this long. They shockingly disagree. We shall see who is right at the end of my little trip!

This is also the longest I have been away from Alex in 10 months. I know I will miss him a lot. But I have to admit, I am so ready to be baby-free for a little bit I can almost taste it. Just the thought of not having to get out of bed because someone else is hungry at 4:45 in the morning, is so incredibly delightful I could just pee.

Have I said I am excited? Because I am excited. I get to go on a winery tour. I get to go hiking in the Redwood Forest. I get eat crazy good food. I get to celebrate Melanie's 30 birthday with her! Yayayayayay!

1 comment:

  1. And I bet Drunk Jackie will make several appearances. I am happy for that and for you guys. Have a blast! Happy Birthday, Mel!!!

    ReplyDelete