Monday, April 3, 2017

Explanation

Welp, it's been a little bit.  I have good reason though...

Last week was spring break for Alex so he was home with me for the week.  Obviously I don't get a spring break from work, so we were a-jugglin'.  And, Wednesday and Thursday of the week prior, I was out of town at a trade show.  See?  All perfectly good reasons for being absent here.

The trade show was at a conference center in a water park type hotel, so I had Travis bring the boys up on Thursday after school and we stayed the night and played.  Alex LOVED it.  I thought Sam was going to love since I have to drain the tub to get him out of the water, but I thought wrong.  He cried every time he got splashed unless I was holding him.  He and I spent a LOT of time in the lazy river.  They have tubes that have a mesh bottom, and he would sit in there with his little legs crossed, narrating everything he was seeing for what felt like eternity.

Then the week of spring break began.  We didn't have any big trip planned, so I had to come up with some stuff to keep my guilt at bay.  First up?  Noodles!  Alex's favorite restaurant in all the land is Noodles.  While we were there, he decided it would be a good time to practice raising one eyebrow.
Close buddy.  To be fair to him though, he did have a couple very successful attempts.  This is just my favorite picture of him trying.

Next on the list of things Alex loves?  Horseback riding at Gramma and Grandpa Z's.
He convinced Gramma to let him trot for the first time.  This picture is just after.  Ya think he was a little proud of himself?

On Friday we went to a movie...per Alex's request.  Alex.  The kid who up until now has refused to watch movies "because there is always a sad or scary part."  But, he saw some trailers for "The Boss Baby" and decided he really wanted to see it.  It came out on Friday, so off to the theater we went.  And?  He loved it!  It has just the right amount of adventure and funny and a very small part of "scary."

We ended spring break yesterday with a little bowling.  After one gutter ball, he agreed to have the bumpers up.

All in all, it was a good week.  He was decidedly not excited to get up for school this morning, so it must have been a bit of alright for him as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment