Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Bad Choice

Alex has figured out if he has me drive him to school instead of taking the bus, he can stay in bed a bit longer each morning.  And since I'm already driving right passed his school to take Sam to daycare, I don't mind adding his stop.  But this morning, he woke up on his own with enough time to make it on the bus.  I asked him if he wanted to be a bus rider, and he politely said, "no thanks!" and kept watching Dinosaur Train with his little brother.

But then, when the bus was already close to 5 minutes late and due to round the corner at any second, he happened to look out the window and see his bus stop mates standing there with umbrellas.  UMBRELLAS!  Suddenly he blurted out, "I WANNA BE A BUS RIDER!"  Well, kiddo, you can try, but you don't even have your shoes on yet.  He scrambled to get ready while arguing with me that he will for sure remember to bring home an umbrella if I would just give him a chance to prove himself.  Uh. Huh.  He was so excited, I gave in.  I ran downstairs and got the spare, not golf-umbrella-sized, umbrella.  He was running out the door while I was trying to show him how to open and close it, and he curtly told me he knew how to do it.  Ok, little man, knock yourself out.

I peaked out at the bus stop when I heard the bus finally pulling up, only to see Alex struggling to get his umbrella closed.  Lucky for me, another parent was out there waiting with the kids and helped him close it and Alex hopped on the bus.

About two minutes later, I got a text from a different neighbor with a teen daughter who rides the same bus.  "Just got this text:  'The reason the bus was so late was because the kid in the seat in front of mine puked all over the seat and his jeans.'"

Looks like Alex picked the wrong day to be a bus rider.

No comments:

Post a Comment