Monday, December 8, 2014

Slippery Little Suckers

Previously on Chocolate Sprinkle:  Alex lost a tooth at school on Friday...

The tooth apparently came out while he was eating his green beans during lunch at school.  Such a good boy eating healthy food!  He told me he bit down on a green bean and then noticed his tooth was inside the shell of the bean and "I was like, 'What?!  That's not supposed to be in there!  And then I knew I lost my tooth.'"

So he took the tooth out of the bean and went to the office to get a treasure box that they give to kids when they lose teeth at school so they can safely take them home.  But instead of taking his directly to his backpack, he gave in when another kid asked to see it.  And that kid apparently only sees with his hands and not with his eyes, because he grabbed the treasure box out of Alex's hand and sent the tiny white tooth flying out of the box and bouncing down the expansive white tile floor of the hallway.  So instead of coming home with the first tooth to fall out of his little mouth, he came home with an empty treasure box and an apologize letter from that kid.  I am not happy with that kid.

Anywho, we decided to write a letter to the toothfairy explaining what happened:
"Dear toothfairy i lost my tooth at school and i kan't find it."

He also told me he was going to be sure to sleep with his mouth open so the toothfairy could see the gap in his mouth where the tooth used to be so she would know he wasn't lying.  At first I was all, "Awwww, how cute is that?!"  And then I realized that his little mind had already worked out that people might lie about losing teeth to extort money from the toothfairy.  And then I got scared about how his mind works again.

Since I'm a super on top of my shit mom, we finally put the letter under his pillow last night, and sent him off to dream land.  This morning he came into my room all sleepy-eyed and naked, donning his Angry Birds blanket at the longest cape ever, and said good morning.  I asked if he checked to see if the toothfairy came and he lit up like the stage at a Liberace show and ran back into his room.  He threw his pillow off his bed to find a $2 bill pressed to the sheet.  He looked up at me with the biggest smile and exclaimed, "She decided to be SO NICE to me!"

Obligatory picture even though the Awkward Picture Face is still in full effect:

No comments:

Post a Comment