Monday, December 8, 2014

He'll Be Moving Out Soon

So first this kid loses a tooth and then yesterday.  Yesterday.  YESTERDAY!

I was upstairs going through another size of clothes that Sam has already outgrown, and I heard Alex messing around in the kitchen.  I heard a chair being pushed around, some cupboards opening, the refrigerator opening and closing.  I went down to the kitchen to see what mischeif my little man was getting himself into only to find him MAKING HIMSELF A PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY SANDWHICH.  All by himself.  Just sitting at the kitchen table, making himself food, like it was no big deal.

While holding back tears, I commented on how proud I was of him.  He just looked up and said, "Fanks, Mom.  Can you open the jelly jar though?  It's kiiiiiiiiinda sticky."

No comments:

Post a Comment