Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Sick/Work Day

Yesterday, Alex woke up with a tight chest and a nasty little cough.  It sounded different from other chest stuff he's had in the past so I kept him home, and we visited Dr. Treehouse, only to find out it was just a cold.  Sweet.  Here's my co-pay.

Anywho, working from home with Alex not totally down and out is not an easy task.  Luckily, this kid could watch episodes of Mighty Machines non-stop forever I think, so I was able to get some work done.  I wasn't able to get much work done however when I accidentally fell asleep with Alex during his nap for TWO HOURS.  Whoopsiedoodle!  I didn't feel super throughout the morning and had a headache that wouldn't quit, so I figured I would lay down for a hot minute to get him to sleep.  Hot minute/two hours...potato/potahto.

He's feeling better today, but still insisted on telling anyone that paused long enough for him to start talking that he had to stay home yesterday because his chest was really tight.  And then he would just stand there, basking in the sympathy and attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment