Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Personal Hygiene

Alex has been waking up and calling for me about once a night, pretty much every night for a while.  I know it's because I lay down with him until he falls asleep every night, but he isn't going to want me to snuggle him forever so I'm just taking what I can get.  At least that's the justification that has been getting the least amount of judgmental looks.  I know this is what is causing the problem because when he does wake up and summon me, he tells me he wanted me because he woke up and I wasn't there any more.

Anywho, last night, he called for me and I waited to make sure he wasn't just going to fall back asleep before I got down there.  By the third, "MOM!" I figured I better go.  I got to his room and he deployed his usual whimpery request for me to snuggle him.  I told him I had to go to the bathroom and would be right back.  I did have to go to the bathroom, but this also usually allows enough time for him to fall back asleep and in turn allows me to sneak back to my room.  Not so much this time.

I came back into his room to find him sitting on his bed with his hands folded in his lap.  I told him to lay down and he immediately and completely dead-pan responded, "I didn't hear the water."  Ummm, what?  What water?  He just kept saying he didn't hear the water.  Finally it hit me and I asked him if he was talking about the water from me washing my hands.  Yep.  That was it.  He was upset because I didn't wash my hands after going to the bathroom.

Listen kiddo, it's 4 in the morning and you brought me down here.  If I wanna snuggle you with pee hands, I'm gonna snuggle you with pee hands.  Go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment