Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Control

I have come to realize I have an irrational fear of Alex getting older. I know it is shocking to hear I am afraid of something...especially when that something is change. But lately I can't stop myself from worrying about things that might or could or probably will happen as he grows up.

Every night while we are sitting and rocking before bed I can't help but think about how fast he is growing up. And in no time at all, I will not be able to fix the things that hurt him. He will have to figure things out for himself. The fears, the hurt feelings, the anxiety, the everything that comes with growing up. I realize there will be a lot of really good things too, but I don't have to worry about those things. Is it legal to put him in a giant hamster ball and protect all information in and out?

It is beyond dumb to worry about it since, guess what, there is nothing I can do about it, but here I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment