Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Will it last? Please! Please! Please!

I am afraid to say it out loud for fear of him hearing and making sure he proves me wrong, but here goes. Alex has slept through the night three out of the last four nights. Ten hours each time. Saturday night was the only night he woke up in the middle of the night to eat. I'm thinkin' the cereal is a good thing.

There's just one problem...the ten hours, yeah...they start at 6:30pm. Let's see, quick math, carry the one, that puts us at 4:30 in the A.M. for a wake up time. Oh goodie goodie gumdrops! The newest morning schedule has the boy waking up sometime between 4 and 4:30 to eat. Then we play for a bit. It would be nice if he would go back to sleep after eating, but let me tell you, 10 hours of sleep produces one well rested and ready to go baby. Sleep after eating is not an option. I managed to coerce some extra snuggles this morning, but that was only because I was rhythmically rocking him while he ate in an attempt to lull him back to SleepyTown. Snuggles yes, sleep no. The second he picked his head up and looked at me I could see it...TIME TO PLAY MOM!!! So we play. Well, he plays, I watch him play while interjecting the occasional funny face or sound as usual. Then, around 6 or so, he starts to get sleepy. So I lay him down and he takes a nap. As do I. We get back up around 6:45 and finish getting ready. It is working out pretty well. And as long as I go to bed at a decent time, I am getting some good sleep. Although I will quickly and openly admit, if those ten hours could start at 8:30 instead of 6:30, I would pee myself with happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment