Monday, November 16, 2009

Almost perfect

This morning was a good morning. Alex woke up around 5:30, had a bottle and was ready to hang out. He spent a good amount of time wrestling the stuffed ocotpus on his play mat....I am pretty sure Alex won, but it was a close match. Then he played around in his jumperoo for a while. There is a ball that spins and makes kind of a rattle type noise on this thing. The amount of spinning that gets done makes me feel bad for the ball. He just sits there with his chubby little sausage link fingers strumming away on that ball.

During all this play time I managed to get myself ready and my lunch made. Then I brought him into the kitchen to hang out with me while I ate my breakfast. He had a grand ol' time chillin' out in his bouncy seat whacking at this weird long skinny blue elephant thing that hangs from the overhead bar. Then the grunting started. The tell tale grunting. He was soon to become a stinky baby. Something he continues to find terribly funny. I have to admit I liked it better when his pooing schedule had him making a mess of himself while at daycare, but whatcha gonna do?

So I finish eating, he finishes pooing. Time for a wardrobe change. No pajamas to daycare today! I change his diaper, blow some zerberts on his belly, and put him in a cute outfit with a puppy on his butt. I get my coat and buckle him into his car seat. Pacifier, burp cloth and blanket all in place. On the way out, I spot the delicious peanut butter cookies Kari brought over yesterday and grab one for myself as a treat for getting everything done so smoothly this morning.

In the car on the way down our street I see it. Poop under my fingernail. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment