Thursday, November 19, 2009

Think she's hinting at something?

Oh my dear puppy Aiden. I love her a lot. Too much some may say. To those "some" I say suck it. She is my sweet little girl. But she may just be the final locking strap on the straight jacket that is lurking in the shadows of my life.

She is insane. This has been a known fact since shortly after we got her. She goes berserk if anyone walks on her sidewalk. She can escape at any time from a completely fenced in yard. She has broken through every screen in our living room, more than once each, when the windows were left open and we ran some errands. I realize we should have maybe learned the first time that leaving the windows open was not a good idea, but damn. She has also knocked a box fan out of a window only to break through the screen to bust out of the house and run around the neighborhood trying to figure out where we went. Oh yeah, this box fan was in a window UPSTAIRS. Meaning, she jumped off our freaking roof.

She also shreds any sort of window covering if she is scared or thinks something is amiss outside. We have gone through quite a few blinds, especially since she is afraid of thunderstorms and fireworks. July is fun in our house. Wanna see? You can because we can never have the blinds closed as they would be vulnerable to attack!

I am not sure what scared her yesterday, but ho-ly shit. 6 out of 6 of the mini blinds downstairs were completely demolished. Mini blind schrapnel in every room. One of the fancy faux wood blinds in the kitchen has bite marks that make me believe she has a grizzly bear hiding in the attic we don't know about. The sun catcher behind the blind in Alex's room; in pieces. She went ape while we were at work. I have no idea what set her off...there was no thunderstorm and I am pretty sure people are not setting off fireworks for Thanksgiving. Although they should. The amount of glorious food at my fingertips is far beyond deserving of a celebration with explosives.

Aside from yesterday, she has been amazing the past four and a half months. She loves Alex so much, and she hasn't complained once about not going to the dog park. She used to get to go to the dog park almost everyday. She has gone once since He Who Giggles and Poops A Lot has entered our lives. Once. I feel so guilty. She loves the park. You can literally see her happiness when she is there. I can't count how many times I have heard, "Wow! That is one happy dog!" from other dog owners at the park. It is her nirvana. And I am too busy/tired/brain fried to take her there. I am totally sucking in the dog owner department.

I guess I will just have to keep her in fresh blinds until we can figure out an easy way to get us all to the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment