Monday, April 29, 2019

Breakfast Confusion

Setting:  Sunday morning.  I'm making breakfast.  I have already said I'm serving scrambled eggs, bacon, and fruit.  Not sure if Travis wants scrambled eggs or fried eggs, I ask, "Just doubling checking everyone wants their eggs scrambled, right?"

Travis:  Yep!
Alex:  No thank you.
Sam:  I don't want mine scrambled!
Me:  (In the kitchen with a baffled WTF face)  Ummmm, ok.  Then what kind of eggs do you guys want?
Alex:  I'd like scrambled eggs please.
Sam:  Me too!!!  I want scrambled eggs too!
Me:  (stunned silence)
Travis:  Guys....really?

I start cooking.

Me:  (knowing Sam does not like cheese in his eggs) Alex, do you want cheesy eggs?
Alex:  Yes please!
Sam:  No!  I don't like cheese in my eggs.
Me:  Yes, Sam I know you don't like cheese in your eggs, that's why I was only asking Alex.  I have made your eggs without cheese in them.
Me:  I'm going to have my eggs in a tortilla like a scrambled egg taco.  Would anyone else like tortillas?
Sam:  Yes please!
Alex:  No thanks.

Sitting down to eat.

Me:  (juuuuuuust about to take a bite.)
Sam:  My eggs keep falling out of my tortilla!
Alex:  Actually, I changed my mind.  Can I please have some tortillas?
Sam:  Hey!  Alex has cheese in his eggs!  I want cheese in my eggs!!!
Me:  SAM!  Are you serious right now?!  You specifically and rudely reminded me you don't like cheese in your eggs.
Sam:  Weeeelllllll, I do like cheese IN my eggs.  I just don't like cheese ON my eggs.  Like when you put it on top.

I'm counting it as a win that I managed to not cry in my coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment