Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Halloween 2016

As I said before, Alex was Batman again for Halloween.  He was cute and normal and wore his costume for trick or treating (twice) and to his school classroom party.
Sam was a monkey.  For THREE FULL DAYS.  Saturday morning, I had him try on Alex's old monkey costume to make sure it fit.  And he wouldn't let me take it off.  For three days.  He would freak out any time I changed his diaper because he thought I was going to change his clothes too.  He straight up yelled at me yesterday morning when I untied it so I could change his soggy over night diaper.  "Leave my monkey suit ON!"  Dude.  Chill out.  I'm just making sure you don't get a rash.  Geeeeez.

He was a monkey all day on Saturday.  He went to watch Alex play soccer as monkey.  He ate lunch as a monkey.  He took a nap as a monkey.  He rode his tractor around the neighborhood as a monkey.  He ran around in the neighbor's leaves as a monkey.  He ate dinner as monkey.

Travis did manage to get him into pajamas Saturday night and then in regular clothes for about 20 minutes on Sunday to go out to the barn at Gramma & Grandpa Z's.  But as soon as his feet hit the floor in the house?  "I wear my monkey suit?"  And as soon as he was back in it, he was running and jumping around, giggling and showing everyone his tail.  It was too cute to even attempt to stop.  So he got to sleep in it Sunday night.

One thing though...the monkey suit sheds.  A lot.  There is monkey fur all over the house.  And I was more than a bit taken a back when I changed his diaper for the first time after he had been wearing the suit.  Apparently it also sheds on the inside.  And that fur can get its way into a diaper.  So there I was innocently changing my 2 year old's diaper, when I was staring at a dark brown fur covered not supposed to be fur covered for many more years diaper area!

But then yesterday I picked him up from daycare and it smelled like I picked up a diaper pail.  Oh he didn't have a dirty diaper, just three days of 2 year old stank hanging out on his monkey suit.  I let him wear it for the rest of the day because even though I loathe Halloween, I myself am not a monster.  But when Travis took him to put him to bed we made confirming eye contact that pajamas were in order.  After a contested bath, he was in pajamas and asleep.  This morning I made sure to keep the monkey suit out of sight, and he didn't bring it up.  We'll see how long that lasts.
I think I'm gonna do some monkey suit hand washing today.  How in the world would I be able to say no to that cuteness??

No comments:

Post a Comment