Thursday, February 25, 2016

Dinner time

Yesterday morning, I brought Sam into Alex's room so we could all snuggle and slowly wake up.  Sam squealed upon seeing Alex, and immediately started climbing all over him.  Alex sleepily reached up, patted Sam on the head, and said, "I love ya buddy!"

I replayed that little scene in my head while I was trying to maintain a level head during the debacle that was dinner last night.  I made chili.  Both boys love chili.  But last night, Sam tore through 4 clementines before we even sat down, so he wasn't hungry and thought finger painting the table with his chili was a better option.  Alex slammed a glass of milk while waiting for his bowl of chili to cool off.  Then he got it all exactly how he wanted it with the addition of exact measurements of cheese and sour cream.  He took one bite and then crumbled a huge piece of corn bread into his bowl.  And subsequently (and so shockingly) didn't like the mushy texture he created.  So I got him a new bowl after we had a little talk about being wasteful.  I also fulfilled the request for a milk refill.  While I was getting the new bowl, I told him to wait on the milk.  He didn't listen, and slammed a second glass of milk while his chili cooled and then wasn't hungry.

So, I enjoyed a nice glass of wine with my chili while I sat by myself at the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment