Monday, December 21, 2015

Startin' this week off RIGHT!

We went to a friend's house to watch the Packer game yesterday and while we were gone, the lovely Miss Aiden helped herself to a big ol' Tupperware of holiday treats.  She gorged on about 15 chocolate peanut clusters and at least 5 peanut butter, cereal, and peanut thingys.  And the poor thing didn't have anything to wash her indulgence down, because we forgot to put her dishes back on the floor from the counter where we have to put them so the sweet little curious baby can't get to them.  All things considered, I "slept" on high alert all night, making sure to let her out any time she made a move in the general direction of the door.  She only took a couple trips outside and seemed right as rain this morning.

Over the weekend, Alex helped me make butterhorns for the teachers at daycare and all the first grade teachers.  I told him I was making them for the daycare teachers and he said, "Oh Mom!  Can you make enough to share with all the first grade teachers?  There are only 6!"  Well aren't you the happiest little shariest elf.  Sure.  Sounds good.  So, I decided to make a double batch.  And then I screwed up the dough for the first batch.  And I didn't have enough ingredients for 3 batches, so I had to go back to the store.  And then I realized, after baking them, that I forgot to add the sugar in the filling for the entire first batch.  Travis tasted one and said, "It's really fine...just give these to the first grade teachers...they've never had them before so they won't know they're wrong."  Good call.  And a little extra powdered sugar on top just sweeten them up a bit.

This morning, I was going through Alex's backpack and found a note saying he is supposed to bring in a board game today.  And he wanted to bring the butterhorns.  So I told him if he could help me leave a little earlier than normal, I would drive him to school and walk him in to help him carry things.  While I'm carrying Sam.  And it's raining.  Good good.  So we got to school, gathered our things, including a blanket around Sam because he refuses to put on a coat and one of Sam's burp cloths that he will go nowhere without, and we headed into school.  We made the cookie drop and left Alex to have hopefully a wonderful day.

A quick trip back through the parking lot in the rain, and Sam and I were once again engaged in the wrestling match known as putting a 19 month old child into a car seat.  That is when I noticed we dropped the beloved burp cloth somewhere.  Cut your losses kid; that one's a goner.  And that is also when I noticed the distinct smell of peanut butter coming from the truck.  The dog was innocently sitting in the driver's seat, so I buckled Sam and made my way around the car.  And when I opened my door, I saw the source of the peanut butter smell.  It was coming from the mound of barf on my center console/gear shift/cup holders.  The very same cup holder that had my coffee.  And the very same gear shift that I had to push back to get the truck into drive and therefore smoosh the peanutty barf all down into places I cannot reach.  And then I had to drive to daycare to drop off Sam and more butterhorns and then to the office.  All the while not being able to drink my coffee on account of it being covered in dog barf.

Happy fucking Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment