Monday, November 30, 2015

Gobble Gobble!

This turkey has seen some shit...


The little paper attached to the turkey is where Alex wrote what he's thankful for...
"I'm thankful for Jesus."
Now, this is a very nice thing to write, but it caught me by surprise as we are not a religious family, and have rarely attended any services.  My curiosity got the best of me, so I asked him where he learned about Jesus.

"The hotel that Dad took me to."
"What?  What hotel?"
"You know, the hotel that Dad and I went to and we learned about Jesus and where he came from."
"Ummmm, no, I do not know about that hotel...Oh.  Are you thinking of the church Daddy took you to?"
"OHHHHH!  Yes, that's what I meant.  The church."
"Ok.  Good good.  And if you could not tell people that Daddy took you to a hotel to learn about God, that would be good."

He's gonna get people thinking very differently about his father with talk like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment