Thursday, November 12, 2015

Progress

A little girl in Alex's class scratched his face because she wanted to use the slide but he was on it, and she got him a good one.  According to him, he was just taking his turn and she was "havin' a really hard day."  While I'm slightly suspicious he wasn't encouraging any sort of bad behavior out of her, I chose to believe him and asked what he did when she did that.

"I walked away and told the recess supervisor."

You guys.  YOU GUYS!  He did it!  He chose to walk away instead of retaliate.  I am beaming with pride...and fighting that little voice that is saying it's slightly ridiculous that I am so proud for something most kids attained a grasp on long ago, but that little voice can shut the hell up.  My little man is growing and making better choices.  At least that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment