Friday, February 20, 2015

Scientific Method

Alex was cutting up some paper for some craft project he imagined.  I asked him to keep an eye on Sam for a second while I went to the bathroom.  Sam was in his Jumperoo thingy, so he didn't really need any supervision, but possibly would need a small token of "yes buddy, I see you" type of attention.

I was gone for 32 seconds max.  I came back to Alex standing next to the Jumperoo with his hands behind his back and a smile.  The smile was slightly off.  He seemed to be proud of himself but terrified.  And then I realized the smile was an attempt to make me think something was funny.  Attempted and failed.

He cut the little stuffed banana off the Jumperoo.  Why?  Because he "wanted to see what would happen if the string was cut."  Ummm...what.  Pretty sure you're aware of what happens when you cut something with a scissors.  I have an entire roll of wrapping paper that proves you know precisely what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment