Thursday, January 29, 2015

Everything is Under Control

Alex was all sorts of not wanting to go to school yesterday morning.  After a lot of reminding him that he likes it at school and that it's not that many hours until he's done for the day and that I will see him at the end of the day, we were back on track and smiling.  So, we started getting suited up in winter gear and realized I couldn't find his boots.  Did he know where they were?  Nope.  Did he leave them at school?  Nope.  Is he sure?  Did he wear them from school to daycare?  Yeeeeeessss, Mom.

Well shit.  Then we must have left them at daycare.

So, I rearranged my morning routine, told Alex he was going to be a "car drop off" which he was completely thrilled about for some reason, and off we went to daycare to drop Sam off and retrieve the allusive boots.  But they weren't there.  They weren't in his regular room.  They weren't in the other big kid room.  After the second scouring of his regular room, it hit me.  The boots were in my truck.  Right where I put them the day before after I said, "Hey buddy, can  you please carry your backpack and I'll grab your boots."

Yep.  I said that outloud, grabbed the boots, put them in the truck, and then completely forgot about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment