Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Yeah baby!

This morning, was another morning that Alex didn't want to leave the house.  This is becoming a fairly regular occurrence.  He doesn't wanna go to school!  So, I try to give him little time warnings so he isn't blindsided at departure time.

This morning, I told him I was going to take some stuff out to the truck and I asked him to turn off the tv while I was out there.  I didn't get a response, so my hopes were about as high as a Basset Hound's jowls.  And just like every other thing stinkin' time I'm positive of what is going to happen, this kid did the exact opposite.

I came back in the house to a beaming, jacket wearing, tv turn-offing Alex.  I just about fell over out of shock.  And since actually listening to me is such a giant accomplishment, I lavished him with praise and high fives.  He kept me in my shell shock when he followed me out the door with no reluctance, happily said good morning to the neighbor and climbed up in the truck without any reminders or prodding or yelling or stomping or whining.  And then to top it off, when I handed him his juice after he asked for it using his manners, he said, "Fanks Mom.  You're the best!"

I have no idea what caused this hiccup in the 3 Year Olds Have to be Assholes at All Times universe, but I didn't question it.  I just sat back and enjoyed our fit-free ride to school.  And, he was being so cute and sweet to me this morning, I just might forgive him for his new habit of constantly telling me that Daddy does everything better than I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment