Friday, January 11, 2013

Smooth Criminal

Everyone was in a great mood this morning.  Alex was extra snuggly, but still 100% on board when we had to leave.  We were on time getting out of the house and traffic was virtually non-existent.  Happy Friday!

I thought the train was going off the tracks about 47 seconds before we got to day care when Alex told me he felt sick and requested I please hurry so he could get sick at school.  I'm guessing it was the amount of cranberry juice sloshing around in his stomach that just needed a hot minute to digest a little because his juice cup was empty, and he was fine by the time I opened his door.  Onward!

His main teacher is moving to IL in a couple weeks so her replacement is currently training and getting to know the kids.  She is very nice and for some fantastic reason from where it came I do not know, Alex is not pushing every single boundary with her.  The new teacher was there today and Alex excitedly showed her his umbrella.  Tally Ho!

I was all smiles until shit got real.  Alex and his friend came running up to me and Alex asked me to give him his motorcycle that he brought for Show & Share.  Show & Share that was yesterday.  Wanna guess where the motorcycle was?  Yep.  At home resting after a riveting Show & Share.  Enter inconsolable Alex.

With lots of loud crying, he ran over to the jacket/cubby area to really showcase his wailing ability.  I followed while informing him this little tantrum wasn't gonna fly.  It's one thing if he tells me he wants to bring something and I forget.  But I am not a mind reader, nor am I a llama.  I do not know what you might want at any given time and I do not have the packing ability to carry everything with me at all times.  So unless you tell me what you might want to show your friend that was absent for Show & Share, you cannot throw a fit.

I squatted down to talk to him and he buried his head in my shoulder crying.  While I was trying to calm him down his little friend came over and with a very concerned look told me, "He really wants to show me his motorcycle."  Ya think kiddo?  When I turned to talk to his friend, Alex's weight pushed me a bit off balance.  So, to stop the melt down and make Alex laugh, I started exaggeratedly falling over and jokingly telling Alex to stop or I was going to fall.  Being the ruffian he is, he started giggling and just pushed harder while exclaiming he was going to knock me over.  His friend thought this whole thing was hilarious so he joined in.  I proclaimed all little boys that knock me over get tickled, and we ended up a big pile of laughing on the floor. The boys let me up and ran off to play and I started walking to the door.

On my way to the door, I passed the new teacher.  She just looked at me and said, "That was pret-ty smooth."

If you're looking for me, I'll just be over here feelin' like SuperMom.  You'll know it's me by the cape.

No comments:

Post a Comment