Monday, January 28, 2013

That's gonna be fun.

I am leaving for a bridesmaids dress shopping excursion in California on Thursday.  I get back at 9AM on Monday due to what I'm sure will be a simply lovely red eye flight.  Monday is the day we have to register Alex for 4K.  And we have to do it as early as possible on Monday because we are trying to get him into a school out of our district.  That is only because he can then take the bus to and from 4K from his day care and then we don't have to completely change our schedules.  When you are applying for a school out of your district, you obviously are only granted a spot if they have room and that room is sucked up on a first come, first serve basis.  Short story long, we gots to get on that early.

While I was stressing myself out about that little bit of fun, I realized something else.  What will be Alex's first day of 4K is the day after we get back from California after the wedding that I am shopping for this weekend.  So, we will be gone for like 5 days at a wedding, we come back and the very next day Alex is starting 4K.  In a school.  A school that we have never been to.  With a bunch of other kids that he doesn't know.  So that's cool.

I know this is shocking, but I am freaking out juuuuust a little bit.  How much I'm freaking out was made clear last night.  I dreamt that Alex's 4K was being held in my old high school.  So it was one 4K classroom and then a bunch of high schoolers.  And Alex was responsible for getting off the bus and finding his classroom in the high school on his own.  And then I went to pick him up only to realize that at 35 years old, I was actually supposed to be attending classes in my high school.  I, of course, didn't have my schedule, or know where my locker was, or know the combination to get into said locker, or know where the office was so I could hopefully obtain all of this info.  Woke up sweating.

Pretty sure today is gonna prove to be a very mentally healthy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment