Monday, December 17, 2012

Two things

1.  Window clings don't stick to cold windows very well.  Good times.

2.  It's apparently a crap shoot when you buy unknown book titles from Scholastic.  And sometimes you lose.  Yesterday's book is currently in the recycling.  I had kinda skimmed through the books when I wrapped them, but this one didn't raise any flags.  Most likely because I didn't read to the end.

The book is Never Ever Shout in a Zoo.  Solid advice right?  'Cause, as the book points out, if you shout at the zoo,  you may frighten the animals.  But then it goes on to tell you that if they are frightened, they will be able to bust out of their cages, go on an all animal inclusive rampage, and finish the day by locking you and your family in a cage...where you'll want to shout for help...but we all know what happens then.

Ummm...was this thing written by some weird ass coalition against zoos?  I'm all for kids being respectful of animals that we have decided to cage up for our own amusement, but do we have to scare the ever loving crap out of kids to teach that?

Based on reviews of the book, I'm the only one that feels this way.  Whatever.  I'm cool with being a loner on this one.  Aaaand, throwing it and picking a new one puts my book countdown one day closer to actual Christmas!  Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment