Friday, December 21, 2012

Snow!

Anyone sick of hearing about the snow yet?  Too bad!  It started snowing around 9 on Wednesday night and kept on a-goin' until about 8:30 last night.  Grand total of 15.2".  The .2 that the news reports reminds me of little kids (and me) saying they are 3&3/4, but every little bit counts I suppose.

Anywho, Alex is lovin' the snow.  He came out and "helped" us shovel a couple times.  The second time he pretty much just threw snowballs at me until he got cold and wanted to go in.  The first time he lasted a bit longer.  His job was to carry the poker thingy that you use to unclog the snow chute on the snow.blower.  So basically he just followed Travis around.  Travis using the snow blower and Alex poking holes in the snow with the unclogger wand thingy until he had to reluctantly give it up momentarily so Travis could use it.

Once he was bored with that game he came to terrorize me.  I was shoveling the sidewalk inside the fence and he instantly transformed into a mini foreman and started instructing me where to shovel the snow.  It took me a sec to get what he was trying to get me to do, but shortly after I figured it out, he had his own little snow hill to slide down on his butt.  Not only was I instructed to shovel the snow from the sidewalk onto this hill, but I was also expected to go around the backyard scooping snow and bringing it back over to make the hill bigger.  With every shovelful I threw on top, I'd hear the same command..."Bigger."

I'm pretty sure that's the definition of a mother's love.  Shoveling snow from the yard that by no means needed to see a shovel into a four foot hill for your son to climb up and slide down.  Yep.  That's love.  My arms and back are angrily reminding me how much love I showed my son yesterday.  But, I'll tell ya.  Even if he had just slid down it once, it would have been worth it just to see him beam like that because of something I built for him.

It didn't hurt that I got an ovation from the neighbor upon snow hill completion either.

No comments:

Post a Comment