Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Blood sucking jerk stores!

The mosquito situation at our house is out of control. They have taken over. It is impossible to be outside. When I got home yesterday, I parked in the garage and by the time I got to the back to take out the groceries there were no less than a dozen of those little bastards swarming the back tailgate. Alex got two bites just being carried to the house from the car. It's like a damn mosquito horror movie in our yard.

We are giving the mosquito-sucker-in-thingy another shot. It gives off carbon monoxide to trick the flying little jerks into thinking there is a human nearby ready to give blood. And then when they get close to the device...it sucks them in and traps them! And then we get to watch them flying around in the little trap/bucket thing until they die. I realize it is morbid, but they are mosquitoes. I have no sympathy/empathy/whateverathy for those little assholes. We were having some technical difficulties early in the summer and gave up for a bit. But it is so unbearable, we have no choice but to try try again.

As of this morning, there were about 15 of them trapped in there. I am not sure if the mosquito-sucker-in-thingy is actually working. It could very well be that with the sheer volume of them in the yard, that many are bound to fly close enough to get sucked in. I don't care why they are in there. I am just happy they are in there and can't stab me with their little blood sucker thingys.

Loathe. Loathe is the perfect word to describe my feelings on mosquitoes...just in case I haven't clearly driven that point home yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment