Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Shoes? Who needs 'em?

So far I haven't really put shoes on Alex. His feet are so...ball-like, shoes were a near impossibility. But they are starting to flatten out and we currently have 3 pairs (aunts will spoil children) that we can get on his feet. They are all sandals. Two have Velcro straps for adjustable sizing. His are adjusted as wide as possible. Like the very end of the fuzzy Velcro side is barely hangin' on to the very end of the scratchy Velcro side.

I put a pair on him a while back. It was quickly apparent he did not like them. I got the first one on and while I was Velcro-ing the straps on the second one, he was shaking his foot trying to get the first one off. Once I got the second one on, I stood him up on the floor. The confusion this kid had was hilarious. He just kept picking up his feet and trying to shake the shoes off of them. By his expression you would have thought he just realized he stepped in gum. Confusion mixed in with a whole lot of disgust. Like, "What in the hell is that? Oh GREAT! Now I have something stuck to my foot!" And then he sat down and started crying. So I was nice and took them off.

Any day the mosquito situation is tolerable, the kids play outside at daycare. There is one play area for the babies that has some padded squares down for them to walk on, but he also gets to go in the big kids area sometimes. The flooring of which is not so luxurious. No padded squares. Mulch. Mulch requires shoes. He really only uses the swings in that area so the teachers have just been carrying him over there so far. I am guessing that is only going to last so long.

Pretty soon I am going to have to get my little hippie baby to accept shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment