Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Back to it

Yesterday, my life got back to normal after 4 days of no work, lots of drinks, and a fantastic wedding. All house guests had gone to their respective homes. Alex was home. Back to work. And...back to working out. It was not an easy sell. I was super duper tired. But I did it. It is amazing how much harder those workouts are when you have taken 4 days off in a row. Wowsers. Good news though, I not only didn't gain any weight this weekend, but I also lost a pound. Yeah baby!

Having Alex home made me realize how much I missed him. It didn't seem like I missed him since we were all so busy all weekend, but it is really nice having him home. He is "talking" more than ever. His chatter is just barely short of constant. I so badly want to know what he is saying. You can usually get the jist of it from his expressions though. Kinda like the opera.

When we got home yesterday afternoon, the mosquito situation had gone down to Threat Level Blue so we were actually able to spend some time outside. The whole time we were out there, he followed the dog around, shouting orders at her, arms flailing to punctuate each point. I thought it was hilarious. The dog was not impressed. Pretty positive the dog enjoyed her time away from her brother. She got to lounge on the couch without having her ears pulled or eyes poked. Whatever, someone has to keep that dog on her toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment