Friday, March 13, 2020

Lesson learned I guess

We have a small tent the boys often have set up in the house.  They have only slept in it once.  It was defintiely manufactured as an outdoor sleeping tent, but they prefer to use it as a tv watching station, a hot wheels playing station, or any other thing besides sleeping.

Last night they were playing with some friends...some kids were in the tent, some were outside of it.  All children were scream-laughing, so obviously something was going to break.  So I stuck my head down the steps and told them to take it easy or they were going to break the tent.  "Ok Mom!"  8 minutes later?  "Alex!  Take. It. Easy.  Or you are going to break the tent."  "Ok Mom!"  3 minutes later?  "You do realize I am not buying a new tent once you break this one right?"  ::Sam slides off the sinking top of the tent::  "We're not going to break it Mama!"  5 minutes later?  "Hey Mom?  I need you!"  They broke the tent.

So I went down there to find Alex holding a splintered support piece and I quickly instructed him to put it down so he didn't get a sliver.  I took it from him.  I got a sliver.

Tents are fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment