Monday, March 2, 2020

Go to sleep

Sam took a long nap yesterday.  I knew when it was happening bedtime was going to be a disaster, but he really needed to sleep to keep the rest of yesterday in tact whatsoever.  So I let him sleep.  And as predicted, bedtime was a disaster. 

First he wanted to read 17 books.  Then he wanted apple slices.  But then I gave him too many.  Then he wanted me to sleep with him becuase he is positive he will get nightmares if he sleeps alone but he would not accept that having his brother and dog with him did not constitute sleeping alone.  Then he got the giggles.  Then when I thought he was finally asleep, he had to go to the bathroom again.  Which apparently needed to be narrated to me.  Then a ton of whining to get me to snuggle them.  Fine.  I curl around the side and foot of the bed, avoiding the dog and both boys' feet.  Then he doesn't have enough room to stretch out his legs and he can't feel my skin close to him so he can't sleep.  I finally relent and lay on my side on the sliver of bed next to him and firmly instruct him to put his damn head on the pillow.  He does.  For 42 seconds.  Then he starts giggling and says, and I freaking quote, "I forgive you for talking in a mad voice to me.  But you need to move back to the bottom because with you up here, I'm warmer than a toasted Pop Tart!"

I.  Give.  Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment