Monday, March 23, 2020

Laundry Lessons

Alex is good about helping with the laundry.  But, every time he puts clothes in the dryer, he puts in like 7 dryer sheets.  I know I know, I should be using wool dryer balls.  I don't.  I like the smell of Bounce sheets and I cannot get Travis on board with dryer balls.  Which is weird seeing as though this is something I thought would be right up his alley.  I mean, he is the the guy that just bought 4 sets of reusable produce bags.  Four.  Each set has 10 bags.  Suddenly, I'm like the Oprah of produce bags.  You get a set of produce bags!  And you get a set!  And YOU get a set of bags!  But that's it because we actually want a set too.  I'm not a very good Oprah.

Aaaaaaaaanyway, dryer sheets.  So last night I asked Alex to change over the laundry, or as it was called in our house growing up, "Washer dryer dryer washer!"  I reminded him to only use ONE dryer sheet.  And that's when he let the cat out of the bag.  "But Mom, if I only use one, how are the clothes going to get dry?!"  Well, that explains it.  So, yesterday, Alex was 10 years old when he learned that dryer sheets are used to keep clothes soft and wrinkle free and not to expedite the drying process, and instead that process is facilitated by, you know, the DRYER.

No comments:

Post a Comment