Friday, May 11, 2018

Go The F*** to Sleep!

There's a reason Go The F*** to Sleep is such a sucessful book.  Children are monsters that do not believe in rest.  And anyone who has braved this nightly endeavor can tell you it is so freaking frustrating.

Alex is getting better about it, but he is easily drawn back to the siren sound of f'ing around and asking for a zillion ridiculous requests.  But...Sam has worn him down.  He is a ragged shell of himself by the time he finally gets Sam to shut up.  (And that is after we've been trying to get him to bed for a good half hour.)  Most nights we can hear Sam jabbering and then finally we hear, "SAM!  Shut uuuuuuuuuuuuPPPPPPPPPPPPP!"  And we laugh and laugh.

Sam is doing one thing every night that I just can't help but laugh about though.  I get him all snuggled in, and he looks up at me and says, "I need to tell Alex something."  I remind him Alex can hear him as he is simply on the bunk above him, but I am told he needs to see Alex while he tells him something.  So he rolls out of bed, climbs up to the top of the ladder, and says, "So...Alex...when I was younger..." and then sets off into a story of complete jibberish.  Every. Single. Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment